🍀 The Job:
At Prophecy Labs, we rely on insightful data to consult our solutions and closely collaborate with our end clients —and we’re seeking data engineers to help us grow further. Our ideal hire will have the mathematical and engineering interest or expertise, combined with a curiosity and creativity about the data.
You’ll wear many hats in this role, but much of your focus will be building out Python/Java/Scala ETL processes and writing superb SQL. Beyond technical prowess, you’ll need the soft skills it takes to communicate highly complex data trends. We’re looking for someone willing to join a fast growing, young, fun filled, innovative & cross-cultural firm.
We will provide initial training for the potential candidates who we found fit and could upskill as an experienced data engineer for this role.
- Work with data to solve business problems, building and maintaining the infrastructure to answer questions and improve processes.
- Help streamline our data workflows with a stable Data Lake or Data Warehouses, using streaming or batch data pipelines.
- Work closely with the data science and business intelligence teams to develop data models and pipelines for analytics, reporting and machine learning projects.
- Be an advocate for best practices, scalable programming skills and continued learning.
In this role, you can expect to work on consulting assignments in your first year, alongside internal projects. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and play a key role in driving our company's success.
🙌 What to expect at Prophecy Labs:
Prophecy Labs is a young startup founded by passionate Data Experts. Your team members will be experienced Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers from around the globe, each with a critical mindset and a healthy dose of fun. We value honesty, transparency, and open communication.
🇪🇺 Our offices are located in the center of Brussels, in the beautiful Gare Maritime. With our office, we strive to create the ideal breeding ground to nurture creativity and innovation. As a Consultant, you will occasionally be doing on-site visits at our clients. However, most of our work is done remotely.
🔎 The job requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or equivalent
- 3 or more years of relevant experience with Python/Java/Scala, SQL and data visualization/exploration tools.
- Have a good working knowledge about Agile framework, Versioning tools (like Git), Job schedulers (like Airflow), DevOps CI/CD deployments etc.
- Familiarity with the AWS/Azure/GCP or any cloud ecosystem
- Communication skills, especially explaining technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented team with concurrent projects and consulting assignments.
🧧 What we offer you:
- An attractive compensation package with extralegal benefits (group and hospitalization insurance, mobility solutions, meal and eco vouchers) which we will keep competitive over time.
- Challenging data and machine learning projects across industries
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings within a young and flexible organization where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- Through our mentorship program you will have a dedicated mentor that will help you define your own growth path
- A healthy work environment with a focus on well-being, connectivity, feedback, and open communication
- Afterwork apero, lunch-time gym breaks, team lunches… When you want to let off some steam with the team, we’ve got you covered.
- An individual budget for purchasing the hardware, tools and technology of your choosing. Your budget also allows you to invest in the latest training resources and certifications paths.
Ready for a new adventure? Great! Apply now via this link! 🎉